PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Unholy Three (1930 version)

There are few things more terrifying than a sadistic midget dressed as a baby, but throw in ventriloquism, old lady drag, and an emasculated strongman terrorized by a gorilla and you've got "The Unholy Three." Maybe because I saw this movie quite a few times on LSD (I was never a "peace and love" type) it's had quite an effect on me, and last night I watched it again on TCM. I should have blogged it sooner in case some of you who hadn't seen it could have set your DVRs, but hopefully it will rerun again soon. Here's some screenshots.


Here's the film's opener. Note, this is the talkie remake directed by Jack Conway, but just as good.

0 comments: