PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Double Impact



WHAT?
You don't know all the words to the Bonanza theme song? I'm sorry, I'm not sure I can be seen with you anymore. Don't feel bad, I didn't know them myself until I heard the great collection of TV theme songs from the 1959-60 TV season which contains the recognizable Bonanza and Twilight Zone themes, but better still, clunkers like "International Detective", "Johnny Staccato", "Men Into Space", and "Bourbon Street Beat".

1 comments:

bipcress said...

Obviously you are entitled to your opinions, but opinions and reality can be two very different things! JOHNNY STACCATO and BOURBON STREET BEAT are about as far from being "clunkers" as it is possible for TV music to get. (I assume by clunkers you are referring to the music.) Both of these themes are examples of vibrant, highly evocative and skillfully realized television scoring. Oh, and the IMPACT! cover version of Count Basie's M SQUAD is a masterpiece, better than the original recording! Trust me, film music is my job. - John Bender