PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Monday, February 09, 2009

Like Beat Man

Skipper Bartlett has a record ... and a problem to share:
"Ok, so before you all go downloading this willy nilly, let me tell you a bit about it. I bought this album on ebay, the seller cautioned me that there was a lot of surface noise but he also posted pictures of the vinyl, and it looked pristine, so I figured, "meh, some record collectors are overly picky about sound quality, me, not so much. I'm mean it's a 50 year old record so I'm happy if it's listenable." So I got it for a steal. Problem is, half of the album is barely listenable. The vinyl looks beautiful so it must be a defect in the pressing, unless the club that it was recorded in was above a machine shop or something. The noise affects the first half of each side and then it peters off, I've tried to eliminate it using Audacity and Garageband but I'm no wizz with these programs and I can't seem to make it any better without removing much of the track itself. So I offer it up as is, in hopes that someone out there might be able to clean it up and share it back. ...."
Saroff and the Cool Ones - Like Beat Man, Live at "The Top Floor" featuring poetry readings by Pike Distahl.

0 comments: